Wednesday, 02. May 2018 – 14:00 to 15:30 (GMT/UTC)
This webinar is part of the follow-up process of a successful forum organized during COP23 by the Global 100% Renewable Energy Platform together with the German Environment Agency. This forum was designed to breakdown silos and facilitate a dialogue on concerted action between sub-national governments, with a particular focus on moving towards 100% renewable energy. The goal is to escalate the local 100% RE movement that can be particularly observed in industrialized countries to the national level as well as support CVF countries to implement the Marrakesh Vision.
A report on the forum will be launched at the upcoming SB48 event in Bonn, Germany. This webinar will focus on the new report and form a discussion around it with partners from the REN Alliance and the Global 100% RE Platform. The audience is invited to also ask questions through the webinar, which will be addressed in an interactive Q&A.
- Rian van Staden, Global 100% Renewable Energy Platform (Global 100% RE)
- Stefan Gsänger, World Wind Energy Association (WWEA)
- Dr. David Renné, International Solar Energy Society (ISES)
- Anna Skowron, World Future Council (WFC)
- Matthis Rogner, International Hydropower Association (IHA)
- Bharadwaj Kummamuru, World Bioenergy Association (WBA)
The webinar is hosted by the International Solar Energy Society (ISES), a member of the Global 100% Renewable Energy Platform. They host an infopage on the webinar here.