Since its inception in 2007, the Zero Carbon Britain project has offered the hard data and confidence required for visualising a future where we have risen to the demands of climate science. It has helped to reduce fear and misunderstandings and open new, positive, solution-focused conversations.
In a new report out now, a pathway to a strong and sustainable net zero society is outlined – not as an ideal, but as a concrete, science-driven strategy.
The key findings of the report include:
- Net zero is achievable
- Scenarios can help overcome carbon lock-in
- Every country should have a zero carbon scenario
- Game over for wasteful energy use
- We have the tools to move beyond fossil fuels
- Land use is a key missing piece
- Thinking ahead pays off
- Scenario building processes must reflect a fair and inclusive future
All in all, the report shows how much more ambitious we can and should be. This closely echoes the message of the Global 100% Renewable Energy Platform.
A recommended read. The report is available at: http://www.zerocarbonbritain.org/