Invitation to join the Launch of
The Global 100% Renewable Energy Platform
8 May 2017
The Executive Committee of Global 100% RE is pleased to invite you to attend the launch event of the Global 100% Renewable Energy Platform, taking place at Gustav-Stresemann-Institute in Bonn, Germany, on 8 May 2017.
Over the course of the last couple of years the Global 100% RE Campaign has succeeded in creating a global movement for 100% Renewable Energy focusing on inclusive bottom-up processes and uniting very big, worldwide networks in the field.
After years of functioning successfully as a network, the campaign will become a legal entity in the form of The Global 100% RE Platform. This will be a pivotal moment for accelerating the campaign’s outreach and operability, as well as demonstrating our commitment to making Global 100% RE a reality.
In addition to the official ceremony, participating organizations will present actual solutions and strategies for achieving Global 100% RE.
We are excited to announce that the event will feature video contributions by some of the world’s leading renewable energy advocates:
– Bill McKibben, Co-founder of 350.org
– Michael Brune, Executive Director of Sierra Club
– Naoto Kan, former Prime Minister of Japan
– Dipal C. Barua, Founder of Grameen Shakti
– David Suzuki, Journalist
Leading international experts in the field will provide the basis for fruitful discussion Speakers include:
– Lasse Bruun, Head of Global Campaign Coordination, CAN International
– Jose Etcheverry, Co-Chair Sustainable Energy Initiative, York University
– Stefan Gsänger, Secretary General, WWEA
– Jodie van Horn, Director Ready for 100 Campaign, Sierra Club
– Tetsunari Iida, Executive Director, ISEP
– Harry Lehmann, General Director, UBA
– Anna Leidreiter, Senior Policy Officer, WFC
– Christine Lins, Executive Secretary, REN21
– Ana Marques, Senior Officer, ICLEI
– Nick Nuttall, Director Communications and Outreach, UNFCCC
– Stefan Schurig, Director Climate Energy, WFC
– Gerhard Stryi-Hipp, Coordinator „Smart Cities“, Fraunhofer ISE
– Ibrahim Togola, President and Co-founder, Mali-Folkecenter Nyetaa Group (tbc)
– Eicke Weber, Vice President, ISES (tbc)
– Mathias Willenbacher, Entrepreneur and Founder of 100% EE Foundation
– Monika Zimmermann, Deputy Secretary General, ICLEI
The detailed programme will soon be published on the Global 100% RE Platform website.
We look forward to kicking off this next important phase together with you!