Cities & Regions Network
The Global 100%RE Cities & Regions Network brings together leading cities, towns and regions that are driving the transition towards 100% Renewable Energy, in a global community of practice to facilitate peer-learning and accelerate progress. The 100%RE Cities & Regions Network is part of the Global 100% Renewable Energy Campaign. The Network is inclusive and open to all ambitious cities, towns, and regions setting their course towards 100% Renewable Energy and demonstrating that it is possible to realize this vision. It is coordinated by all partners of the Global 100% RE campaign that work directly with cities and regions and is comprised of local and subnational governments (e.g., cities, towns, regions, provinces, states) that have approved a 100% Renewable Energy (RE) target or that are committed to setting up such a target for their jurisdiction in the foreseeable future. The term “city” is used to describe all these actors.
Purpose of the Network
- To support all interested local governments in defining a 100% RE vision for their territory;
- To function as the entry point for local and sub-national governments to engage in the multistakeholder
Global 100%RE Campaign;
- To facilitate peer-learning and exchange between leading cities that are driving the
transition towards RE, forming a community of practice to further support and accelerate
- To contribute to the development, testing and validation of standard approaches and
methodologies to define robust pathways for the transition towards a 100% RE and to
monitor and demonstrate progress in a credible way to the international community;
- To inspire other local and sub-national governments to follow suit and contribute to the
transition towards 100% RE.
Check out some of the projects, activities and reports that have been produced by the partners of the Network:
The Global 100% Renewable Energy Cities and Regions Network is open to all local and sub-national
- have approved a 100% Renewable Energy (RE) target in at least one sector or have a clear
political vision or interest in defining in the near future a 100% RE pathway for their
- are committed to actively engage and support international exchange and cooperation in
Joining the Network is by invitation from one of local and/or subnational government associations / networks the Cooperation Group, or by the local and regional government expressing its interest to join with a clear
motivation to globally cooperate. The eligibility will be checked by one of the partners of the Cooperation Group and consequently upon confirmation shall be listed as Network participant. Joining the Network is free of charge. If you are interested in joining the network, please contact the Chair of the Coordination Group via firstname.lastname@example.org.
Meet some of the cities, towns and regions that are taking part in the network: