Category Archives: Small Island

Stories, examples and pioneers for 100% Renewable Energy

100 RE_final

Many people who consider themselves supporters of renewables still doubt the feasibility of 100 percent in the near future. What these people often overlook is that 100 percent Renewable Energy (RE) is already reality today. Here are some facts that might inspire some re-thinking about our energy future…. Did you know that 100% Renewable …

+ read more

Educational Program on 100% RE

José and Antonio

York University and ITC sign new educational collaborative agreement June 23 2014 Las Palmas, Gran Canaria   York University and the Instituto Tecnologico de las Canarias (ITC) have signed a formal agreement that will enable students and professors to visit Spain and Canada to advance training and research collaboration on renewable energy. The agreement …

+ read more

The El Hierro Declaration

El Hierro Katharina Schenk

ENERGY AT THE CROSSROAD 100% renewable energy empowering local communities On the path towards sustainable energy, some islands and regions have shown that a renewable future is possible. These are the new renewable energy lighthouses emerging all over the world. At the beginning of the UN Decade of Sustainable Energy for All, renewable energy …

+ read more

Blue Planet Foundation sees Hawaii energy 100% renewable by 2050

Copy Right: University of Hawaii at Manoa, GE, and the Hawaiian Electric Company (HECO)

The state’s current goal, established in 2009, requires that 40 percent of electricity sales come from renewable sources by 2030, along with 30 percent coming from efficiency measures, for a total of 70 percent. The governor has said that he hopes to set even higher standards, especially since the state is well on its …

+ read more